Reisinger Booth & Associates, P.C., L.L.O.

Protecting your right to help raise your child

Even if you and your spouse are splitting up, you may still want to be very involved in your child's life. This isn't something that you should lose just because the relationship didn't work out. Many experts have shown that both parents need to be involved for the good of the child, so you have a right to play a part in your child's growth and development.

This doesn't mean that you have to be the primary caregiver or get sole custody. Perhaps you know that would be impossible. As much as you'd like to be more involved, you have to travel for work and you're just not around enough to raise the child, for example.

Still, this doesn't mean you should never see the child again, allowing your ex to raise him or her on one's own. You can still get a split custody agreement or you can get visitation rights. This way, you can do things like:

-- See the child on the weekends.-- Have the child live with you for shorter amounts of time, when your schedule permits.-- Take vacations with the child during the summer.-- Spend time with the child during the holidays.-- Go to important events like graduation, sporting events and the like.

As you can see, there are still many ways for you and your child to connect and have a strong relationship over the years.

If you'd like to learn more about your rights in Nebraska and what you can do to make sure you have a place in your child's life, please check out our website right now.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Legal Issue

Contact the Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Reisinger Booth & Associates, P.C., L.L.O.

7602 Pacific Street, Suite 222
Omaha, NE 68114

Phone: 402-983-8213
Fax: 402-457-6309
Omaha Law Office Map